Broadway Lodge was founded as a ministry of the Broadway Church in 1981. In the process of developing False Creek South, the City of Vancouver reached out to the Church and invited them to open a care home in False Creek.
The Church continues its active role in support of the Lodge’s Christian values and care of seniors and adults with disabilities to reside in comfort with a Board of Directors comprised of volunteers who are members of the Church.
Broadway Pentecostal Lodge provides quality Long Term Care in a Christian environment as an outreach ministry of Broadway Church. We follow the example and teachings of Jesus Christ based on His unconditional love and compassion. We recognize the uniqueness and intrinsic value of the interrelationship of body, mind, and spirit as part of the integrated, whole person.
Broadway Pentecostal Lodge respects the dignity of the individual and encourages participation of both the resident and family in decision-making. We endeavour to create and maintain a caring environment for residents, families, staff and volunteers.
As a dynamic organization, we continually strive to improve services and programs towards the excellence modeled by Christ’s life and teachings.
We are proud to have as our motto “excellence in care”.
- That human life is of supreme value: it is a gift from God, who created us as integrated spiritual, physical and psychosocial beings.
- That being created in the image of God, we are accountable to Him in exercising our responsibilities with integrity. We are also accountable to the Board of Directors and laws of our land.
- That we are stewards of the human and physical resources available to us. Our primary responsibility is to Elders who have been placed in our care.
- We value the family in the delivery of care by involving them in decision-making where the Elder is unable to do so.
- That all people have the right to be treated with courtesy and dignity. For the Elder this includes respecting privacy, independence and individuality.
- That compassion, based on quality of life, characterizes our caring community.